Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Saved Within Hours of Being Euthanized


Quincy!!!!

How can anyone resist a face like this????  Quincy is one in a million.  You can look deep into his eyes and see his soul.  He is one of those life changing fellows that you just know you will never ever forget.




Quincy was with me for only one week.  He had been found as a stray down at the border in Nogales.  Animal Control picked him up and took him to their very crowded shelter.  Since he is such a large golden (104 pds,) and since the shelter was full he was quickly put on the list to be euthanized.  He was spotted by a "walker" at the shelter who then called Rescue A Golden of AZ.  He was rescued within two hours of being killed.

There were a series of fosters homes that he lived in for short periods of time.  Each one gave him up for one reason or another.  He was loaded into cars and taken from one end of the state to another and then finally to me.  Poor thing!  He got a bad rap sheet along the way.  People said he was unruly and puppy wild.  They said he was too big.  They said he wanted too much love and took attention away from their other pets.  He didn't have anyone who wanted him enough...... to keep him. 


Quincy and Me


Well, I can say that Quincy is an AWESOME dog.  I sat him down and told him that I would love him all I could and take great care of him, but that I would have to let him go to the forever home when we found the right match.  I am not sure he understood me.  Quincy showed so much love and appreciation to me that I think he may have thought we belonged together forever.  And, I could see us together forever, too.

Quincy was always the character!  He smiled all the time as if life was the best thing anyone could ever experience.  His past life didn't seem to get him down, either.  It was if he was always ready to move forward and getting me to laugh was his objective in life. 

One morning I let Quincy out into the backyard and closed the door after him.  It was still too cold to leave the door open.  I went into another room and answered a phone call.  About five minutes later there was Quincy at my feet.  Hmmm........  how did that happen?  Well, sure enough it didn't take long to figure out Quincy had an uncanny ability to open doors.  He is a very tall 5 year old who could use his nose to accomplish amazing feats!  We ended up taking some of the doorknobs off so that he couldn't get himself into trouble.  We also had to bolt lock the front door. 

Quincy's rap sheet soon was cleaned up as he proved himself to be a mellow, well behaved and lovable fella.  Word got out about the wonderful pup and before I knew it Quincy was adopted into a loving home with a couple who promised to give him the best life a dog could ever have.  Well, that's good enough for me!

Goodbye Quincy.  I love you.

Happiness Is Going To The Dog Park!!!



Hanging Out



Quincy Found Riley's Ball!!! (He didn't get to take it with him!)

1 comment:

  1. Quincy was so lucky to have been placed at your home. You always bring out the best in all the dogs you foster. YOU are the best!
    Linda Z

    ReplyDelete