Thursday, September 15, 2011

Meet Tatum (aka Rex)

Tatum!

Meet Tatum!  He is a lovable, handsome, sweet, muscular, and well-behaved fellow!  No kidding, he has the biggest paws I have ever seen on a Golden.  A gentle giant that only wants to please.  He was found as a stray in a small town in Northern Arizona and turned in to the Humane Society up there.  Someone called Rescue A Golden and next thing he was transported to Phoenix.....soon to start a new life.  Of course, he had a few bumps along the way as many rescue dogs do.

First off, Tatum was shaved.  I don't know all the details, but they told me he had skin problems.  This shave left him looking like a lion.  The fur around his head was left and since his head is big it only accentuated the lion look.  Someone even left the very end of his tail furry.  Roar!

Yesterday, I picked up Tatum from the hospital after he had his first bandage change.  Unfortunately, while he was in the care of his first foster family, he started limping.  Turns out.....it was the big "C".  Yep, he developed toe cancer.  Poor guy!  The vets amputated his toe and a few days later he came home with me.  No wonder Tatum feels a bit insecure!  He follows me everywhere I go and I don't blame him.  It is time for a little happiness for this fine boy.

The good news is, I found out today that Tatum's cancer has not spread and that he only has about a 15% chance of a recurrence.  No further treatment!!!  Because of the good news, a nice lady wants him to spend the rest of his life with her.  Cool, huh?

I have Tatum until Tuesday of this week and I plan to love him and rub his tummy and scratch behind his ears as much as he wants!!!!  And......give him a real good shampoo!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment