Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Gracie and a Dog Named Blue

Blue and Gracie

Whew!  I have had my hands full!!!  Gracie and Blue came to me a little over a week ago.  Their owner got real sick and could no longer care for them so the next stop was my doorstep.  

Gracie is a 5 year old soft spoken female and Blue is a 2 year old muscular semi untrained male.   They have been together since Blue was a puppy.  I think Gracie was the one who trained Blue and I think she could only do so much. 

Little Gracie is totally dependent on Blue - so much so that her life is kind of sad.  She gets pushed around and dominated constantly, but loves Blue nevertheless.  Blue loves Gracie, but he acts most of the time like he could take her or leave her.  Actually, he makes it known he would like to be the only dog in the house.  Even so, they both never have snarled an unkind word to each other.

One of the best things I have ever seen is the way these two play in the swimming pool.  It makes me laugh!  I throw the tennis ball in the pool and they both jump high into the air and belly flop after the ball.  Sometimes Gracie gets the ball and sometimes Blue gets the ball.  When Blue gets the ball he won't bring it back to me so Miss Gracie runs after him and whispers in his ear until he drops it for her.  Then Gracie squeals with excitement, does a few circles then runs it over to me to throw in the water again.  This goes on for about an hour........ and would go on longer, but I get tired. 

These two are very different goldens.  The Rescue will be sending over a Dog Whisperer to evaluate each pup and help decide what it the best kind of living situation for each of them.  Stay tuned!!!!










No comments:

Post a Comment