Thursday, April 7, 2011

Our Time Is Short

Sampson and I were out on a walk yesterday in the late afternoon when an older lady crossed the street and looked at me and said, "Do you know your dog has a hitch in his get-a-long?"  Then she crossed the street and continued on her way. 

XXXXXXXXXXXXX

Dear Sampson,

Our time together is very short.  I was planning on having you much longer.....for at least a month!  I was really surprised to learn just now that a family out there in Tucson wants you.  They want to nurse you back to health and be your forever home.  Wow!  Are they lucky to get such a great guy like you.  (What's this with Tucson?)  This time, no one called me for any input on how fabulous you are, but I guess everyone knows.  Gosh, as handsome and well mannered as you are it is no wonder you are wanted right away.  Too bad for me.  

 I thought this time I would not become so attached, but even though it has been only five days, I have to say that the thought of you leaving so soon is bringing me to tears.  I want you to stay, but I know you need to go.  As happy as I was to get you is as sad as I am to see you go. 


1 comment:

  1. "Believe' your next rescue golden is on his way. He's trying to get to you as fast as he can.

    ReplyDelete