Saturday, March 19, 2011

The Long and Winding Road

It is Friday night and Odie we just gave you a real good bath.  I know it had to feel amazing.  Of course, we must go for our nice long walk as the sun sets.  The sky is pink and beautiful and there is a warm gentle breeze.  Even the moon is shining down on us.  Tomorrow morning is the day you will be picked up and taken to a place called Tucson.  Since you love car rides I know you will be happy to get into the car.  I will pack up all your "things" and send them with you.  It's going to be so hard to say goodbye, but it has to happen sometime.  Odie, I am sorry ....... we won't see each other again.  But, on a positive note you are on your way to a life filled with so many possibilities.  A new family that really wants you and promises to love you.  You will learn about each other and you will become a member of their family.  It will take time and adjustments, but you will become the dog you were meant to be.  I know you will be happy.

Odie, I will always remember you and think of you.  You were my first rescue golden and what a lucky gal I am to have had you for three weeks.  I wish you love, contentment and happiness all the rest of your days.

No comments:

Post a Comment