Saturday, March 5, 2011

A Trip to the Vet


 I pulled the car out the driveway for the big event of getting Mr. Odie in the back seat of my BMW.   Awesome!!! Odie wanted to get in!  Okay......passenger seat needs to be all the way forward.  Now....front feet in and ...... whoa!  I am not strong enough to lift his rear and put it in gear.  Dang!  Push!  I pushed with all my might. His hind legs made contact and with a deep breath by both of us, Odie was in!



Saving one dog will not change the world, but, surely for that one dog
the world will change forever." -Unknown
              

 Odie!  What a good boy you are.  That wasn't so hard.  In fact once you were in everything was great.  Obviously you love car rides!  I guess you didn't mind either that I got lost and took you on the scenic route to the vet.  When I put the window down for you, you put your handsome head into the wind and closed your eyes.  You looked like you were in a very happy place.  Contentment was in the air.  Yep, life can be so good!

When we walked in the door of the vet clinic there were lots of dogs everywhere.......and you just beamed with excitement.  You wiggled your whole body and wagged that tail of yours.  The tech ladies giggled at you because you were flirting with them and they adored you!  When they tried to get you on the scale to weigh you (floor level) you teased them by rolling off one end then the other.  You had them in stitches!  (me, too)

Well, the vet took lots of blood and did some tests and gave you all your doggy shots and even put a micro chip in you so that we can find you if you were to ever get lost. Actually, you don't want to run away.  You stay about as close to me as any dog ever has.

The nice lady vet sent me home with some special weight management food.  She said that your heart is working for about three dogs and that you need to lose weight.  Then she told me you were the equivalent of a 500 pound man.  Whoa!  We have some serious work to do Mister!   We are team Odie!  Oh, look!  I will put on my shoes.  It is time for another walk in Paradise!

No comments:

Post a Comment