Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Update

Odie's adoption has been put on hold for a few days and he will be staying with us a little longer.  I don't know how long exactly, but I don't expect it to be more than another week.  He stopped eating his food altogether and that was a big concern to me.  Actually, he never really ate his food very well the entire time he's been with me and I brought it up many times with the vet.  When Odie's ultrasound showed he was good, it was just a couple hours later I was called that he was cleared for adoption.  (Even though he wasn't eating much)  Anyway, some calls were made and now the vet has put Odie on a low residue canned food diet, pepsid and a supplement.  And......he LOVES the food!!!!  I think Odie, as big as he is, was starving.  The weight management food was really hurting his tummy as it is full of fiber.  Poor guy!  So we are working out his diet.  The vet wants me to start putting the weight management food into his canned food in three days and gradually increase it and then stop the canned food.   (??????)

That's the update.  Odie is feeling better and better every day.  Last night he even chased a rabbit.  He has so much more energy.  Even my neighbor can't believe the change in him.  It is good.  I just want him to be in tip top shape when he starts his new life.  He needs to know what it feels like to have someone truly care. 

Since I have more time left with Odie, look for more pictures very soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment