Thursday, March 3, 2011

Odie! Odie! Odie!

Welcome Odie!  You are my first Golden rescue doggy.  I am so happy to be your foster mom!  I saw your picture ahead of time and was told a little bit about you, but I think that you look nothing like your picture and your story really is a mystery.  Probably, not a good mystery, that is.  I am so sorry for what I can only imagine your life has been like for you up to this point.  You are 7 years young and you act like you are a very old man.  Goldens your age should be able to run, play and have lots of energy.  Someone fed you lots of food and maybe you did not ever get out to walk.  Your poor body is so heavy that you look like you might "POP".  You didn't get this way over night.  Oh Odie, you have missed out on some fun.

Today we go together to the vet.  That is we go to the vet if I can get you into my car.  You are too heavy for me to lift any part of you.  Lets hope you have a little hop in you.  It will be important to hear what the vet says about your health.  I hope that you are OK.  I think the vet will do a bunch of tests.  The fact that you don't have hair on your tail is worrisome to me, but maybe this is partly about your thyroid?  Oh Odie,  your life will be better and there are a lot of good people that are going to take really good care for you!

Odie, you are such a good boy and I can see a gradual positive change in you already.  You wiggle with happiness in the morning and you are starting to explore your surroundings inside and out.  You sure are super friendly to all the dogs we pass on our many walks.  Every day is going to get better......just you wait and see!

1 comment:

  1. This is a great blog, please let us know the details fromthe Vet visit.

    ReplyDelete