Sunday, March 6, 2011

Pulling My Heartstrings

"Shelley, I know you and Steve are only scheduled as Fosters for Odie, but in our discussions you seem very much attached to him.   Have you considered adopting him yourself?  Would you be interested?   If you would we can change your status to FWITA, Foster with intent to adopt, while he goes through his medical challenges.
Think about it and let me know.
Laura"
    
"Hi Laura,
Yes, I am attached to dear Odie.  He is a gentle giant and so well mannered it is unbelievable.  He is walking and moving much more and seems really happy.  I even think the pounds are melting away before my eyes!  So......that being said.....I want to keep fostering him until he is better and RAG can find a great loving family for him.  The timing isn't right for my husband and I as we have some long trips planned this year and I also plan to go back to Oregon for about four months this summer.  (We have a house to sell amongst other things)  He deserves a stable forever home without someone coming and going.  One day we will be settled again and be ready. 

I want to be the best foster mom he could ever have and I am expecting RAG to do an exceptional job in matching him to the most perfect loving home possible.  He deserves no less.

Thank you, Laura.

Shelley"

No comments:

Post a Comment